Many of you have asked me what I did to lose weight. I've lost close to 22 lbs. over 8 months. I have always worked out, but I never changed the way I eat, so I would lose 5 lbs. and gain it right back. When I incorporated healthy eating into my life I saw dramatic changes. I didn't pay anyone anything for the knowledge I've gained so I'm giving it to you all for free. No cost. Knowledge is power. I created this sample meal plan after people continuously asked me what I was doing. We eat 90% organic and have pretty much concluded that the extra pennies we spend in doing so is worth the risks of eating pesticides and hormones. I love Trader Joes! So, here is a pretty good list of what I may eat on any given day.
Breakfast Day 1
Organic Apple Sauce
¼ c. mixed nuts
Bottle of water
1 c. hot tea
Breakfast Day 2
Nitrate Free bacon
1/3 cups of blueberries
1/3 cup of strawberries
1 c. hot tea
Breakfast Day 3
1 C. Gluten Free Cereal with almond milk
1 C. Hot tea
Breakfast Day 4
Sweet Potato (boiled)
1 c. organic carrot juice
Breakfast Day 5
Nitrate Free bacon
1/3 cups of blueberries
1/3 cup of strawberries
1 c. hot tea
Breakfast Day 6
Gluten Free Raisin bran Cereal with Almond milk
1 c. hot tea
Lunch Day 1
Mixed greens salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions (no cheese), vinaigrette dressing
Add chicken if you like
Lunch Day 2
Mixed greens (Collard, mustard, spinach) cooked with turkey, seasonings and olive oil
Boiled sweet potato
Rib eye
Lunch Day 3
Baked Chicken Breast
Asparagus (no butter)
Brown rice or Quinoa
Lunch Day 4
Brown Rice Wraps
Grilled Chicken Breast
Hummus to spread
Grilled onions/bell pepper/tomatoes
Lunch Day 5
Brown Rice Wraps
Grilled Chicken Breast
Hummus to spread
Grilled onions/bell pepper/tomatoes
Lunch Day 6
Brown Rice Pasta Noodles, cook turkey and use organic pasta sauce
Baked meat of your choice or no meat at all
Sample Dinner
Any beans cooked with turkey or organic beef, chicken, pork stock
Lamb
Quinoa
Sample Dinner
1/2 can of organic black beans
½ c. Salsa
2 tbsp. of crumbled blue cheese
Snack Box
Snack on Celery and almond butter or hummus
Brown rice chips and hummus
All nuts but peanuts
All fruit but high glycemic
Always drink lots of water!
No artificial sweeteners
Limit or remove all gluten and sugar, especially if you haven't seen results in 14 days
If you are struggling to lose the extra lbs., stay away from mango, pineapples and bananas for a few weeks. These are all high glycemic sugars!
Limit or cut eggs, corn, peanuts, soy dairy for 21 days and see what difference it makes.
More importantly - Workout at least 3 - 5 days per week to burn calories
No comments:
Post a Comment